With the rapid legalization of marijuana for both medical and recreational purposes more and more clients report using marijuana to treat mental health symptoms. It can be challenging to find reliable information about medical marijuana and mental health. So DCNE did a bunch of research and interviewed some awesome folks and put that all in a training for you!
This training will provide a 1 CEU (CEU accreditation pending) overview of marijuana, the vocabulary, assessment tools, and a summary of literature discussing the benefit and risks of using marijuana for treating mental health conditions. It includes excerpts from interviews with a manager at a local dispensary in Maryland and with a Nurse Practitioner who prescribes medical marijuana to her patients.
1. Provide an introduction to the history of medical marijuana legalization in the US.
2. Educate social workers on the basic terminology of medical marijuana.
3. Educate social workers about the pharmacological difference between medical marijuana and CBD.
4. Educate about evidence based risks and benefits of the clinical application of medical marijuana for mental health conditions.
The work you do makes a difference. Thank you!
The following training is developed by Washington, DC Center for Neurocognitive Excellence, LLC and is offered for educational purposes only. It is not offered with any intent or implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose nor is there any warranty, guarantee, or general claim that this will in any way provide any particular level of legal protection.
This training is not a substitute for legal advice or consultation, nor is it a substitute for clinical or ethical consultation or advice. State laws and licensing board rules vary, as do the needs of individual clients. You must modify the material in this training or rules out its use as necessary according to your local laws and rules as well as the needs for your clients and practice.
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, Washington, DC Center for Neurocognitive Excellence, LLC will not be liable to you or to any other third party for:
- Any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential losses or damages, including, but not limited to, loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of business opportunities, or personal injury from use of this training; or
- Any losses, claims, damages, expense, liabilities, or costs (including legal fees) resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this training or content herein. The conditions in this paragraph apply to any acts, omissions, and negligence of Washington, DC Center for Neurocognitive Excellence, LLC that would give rise to a course on legal action.
- By taking this training you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Washington, DC Center for Neurocognitive Excellence, LLCagainst all claims and expenses (including attorney fees) arising from the use of this training.
This training is provided as is. The Washington, DC Center for Neurocognitive Excellence, LLC grants you rights to use this training for the agreed upon duration in your own health care practice. Your right to use this training is non-exclusive and many not be transferred to others.
You are also prohibited from using the training for educational purposes without prior written consent.
This training is © 2019 Washington, DC Center for Neurocognitive Excellence, LLC.