If you want something besides medication and counseling, we offer QEEG guided neurofeedback. Neurofeedback is the most researched intervention for ADHD and is great for a wide variety of mental health conditions. It is a process of proactively and directly training your brainwave activity so that you are more alert and relaxed and have none or far fewer symptoms you don’t like.
When you come to our office for a neurofeedback session, you sit and put on a cap with electrodes. Then we:
- Measure your brainwave activity
- Send feedback specific to your brain through audio and visual cues
- And your brain changes it’s wave patterns that cause unwanted mental health symptoms
- Cheaper than medication
- Is effective in as few as 10 sessions
- The benefits stick over time
- And you get to watch Netflix!
In fact, so many of you have asked me for a non-medication way to treat mental health conditions that I wrote a book about it! In the book I make it very easy to understand what the scientific literature says about neurofeedback.
This time limited approach to your mental health treatment is cutting edge and does not require the jittery side effects of medications or answer the dreaded “uh-huh, tell me more” question any longer.